Friday, April 30, 2010

Learning New Tools

In order to better interact with Jeremy's musical process and link it up to animation and Brad's real-time movement, I'm starting to learn Max/MSP/Jitter - a program that enables realtime audio and video manipulation. One of the biggest hurtles is that the program uses an object-oriented model of programming (or patching) of elements. This is very different than other software environments I have used.







After a couple hours of fidgeting around I've managed to load in movies, manipulate speed, overlay an alpha-channel enabled animation over video, get a feed from a camera, and access Quicktime effects (though they slow the system down considerably).

I also went to see Brad rehearse with Adam, Shannon and Nicole. One theme they are working with that I am interested in is retrograde motion. This could have an interesting accumulative or dualistic (forward/backward) visual component to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment