Monday, December 21, 2009

First Three Minutes

What an interesting challenge to navigate between sound and dance. I am wanting to tread lightly and not create something too fast or visually jarring because the majority of the focus should be on the dancers. I was thinking about costumes though and how their rich colors may very well stand out nicely amongst a grayscale backdrop. This whole video is/was in vivid saturated color until I accidentally dropped a desaturation layer on it and the happy accident meant a great deal of new texture and black and white elegance. For these reasons I have stayed mostly in the colorless domain save for a couple musical triggers that screamed out "color" to me, as well as the main flashing transition that comes along a little before 3 minutes.

I'm still very flexible if this animation is too demanding or flashy.
Also, I think the flowing Lava at the end of this video is too much of a giveaway. I was thinking long stringy Pele's hair particles aimating out over time?

Here's the video thus far:


First Three Minutes from John park on Vimeo.






Also, a scan that I made in preparation (documentation of process):

No comments:

Post a Comment